Kafka >> mail # user >> Questions on mirror maker

Questions on mirror maker
Hi all,
    I have two questions regarding setting up mirror maker for our cross cluster replication (DC1 to DC2, for instance)
    1. In what use case you would want to specify multiplied consumer configs?
    2. It seems like the consumer inside the mirror is a SimpleConsumer. Is it possible to switch it to HghLevelConsumer? Assuming our DC2 is down, I would shut down the mirror until DC2 is back up. Once it is up, I want the mirror to pick up when it is left off and start replicating messages that has not been delivered to DC2. By using a Highlevel consumer, that kind of behavior is built in because the offset is being saved in the DC1 zookeeper. am i correct?

thanks,
Cal

+
Joel Koshy 2013-07-16, 07:16