Kafka, mail # user - Re: develop customized producer and consumer in java

Re: develop customized producer and consumer in java
Jun Rao 2013-04-24, 01:23
To write the client code, you can follow the examples in
http://kafka.apache.org/quickstart.html (0.7) or
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/0.8.0+Producer+Example(0.8).

You don't need to know scala to write the clients in java, but you do need
the scala jar at runtime.

In 0.8, if you run the following, all dependant jars will be included in
the release zip or tar file.
./sbt update
./sbt package
./sbt release-zip (or ./sbt release-tar)

Thanks,

Jun