Kafka >> mail # user >> kafka in production environment

kafka in production environment
Hello.
  We are planning  to go production in a couple of months.

Can the community share the best practices.
What should be configured? What we need to pay especial  attention on?

we are using kafka 0.7.2 release.

Thanks
Oleg.