Kafka, mail # user - Re: Controlled shutdown failure, retry settings - 2013-10-25, 15:26
Re: Controlled shutdown failure, retry settings
Ok,

Looking at the controlled shutdown code, it appears that it can fail with
an IOException too, in which case it won't report the remaining partitions
to replicate, etc.  (I think that might be what I'm seeing, since I never
saw the log line for "controlled shutdown failed, X remaining partitions",
etc.).  In my case, that may be the issue (it's happening during a rolling
restart, and the second of 3 nodes might be trying to shutdown before the
first one has completely come back up).

I've heard you guys mention several times now about controller and state
change logs.  But I don't know where those live (or how to configure).
 Please advise!

Thanks,

Jason