Kafka, mail # user - Ganglia Metrics Reporter

+
Maxime Brugidou 2013-08-22, 15:43
+
Andrew Otto 2013-08-22, 16:13
+
Andrew Otto 2013-10-29, 18:00
+
Maxime Brugidou 2013-10-29, 18:38
+
Andrew Otto 2013-11-01, 18:08
+
Jun Rao 2013-08-23, 03:55
Re: Ganglia Metrics Reporter
Andrew Otto 2013-08-23, 14:04
Jun,

Note that the puppet module README I liked to isn't a full jmxtrans example JSON query.  It is a jmxtrans puppet module usage example.  So, using that in puppet will generate a .json file containing the query.

We'll be moving to 0.8 in the next coming months, and I'll try to get some real examples of Kafka 0.8 jmxtrans JSON queries up for you when we do.
On Aug 22, 2013, at 11:55 PM, Jun Rao <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I added a JMX reporter wiki page:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/JMX+Reporters , which is
> linked from our main wiki page.
>
> Could you add a short description (including the supported version) and a
> link there?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jun
>

> On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 8:42 AM, Maxime Brugidou
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Since I couldn't find any other way to publish kafka metrics to ganglia
>> from kafka 0.8 (beta), I just published on github a super-simple ganglia
>> metrics reporter for Kafka. It is configurable through the kafka config
>> file and you can use it on the broker side and on your consumers/producers.
>> There is also a feature to exclude some metrics with a regex (useful if you
>> have many topics/partions).
>>
>> Here it is on github: https://github.com/criteo/kafka-ganglia
>>
>> Let me know if you have issues/questions. This is using metrics-ganglia
>> 2.2.0 directly so it is not a ganglia plugin but rather a kafka "add-on".
>>
>> I don't know the proper way to distribute this yet for installation on
>> brokers, it could also be part of some contrib kafka code.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Maxime

+
Jun Rao 2013-08-23, 14:49