Kafka >> mail # user >> Metadata API returns localhost.localdomain for one of the brokers in EC2

Re: Metadata API returns localhost.localdomain for one of the brokers in EC2
Hi Aniket,

We had same issue it turns out that we need to make sure ip to hostname
mapping should be correctly configured in /etc/hosts file.

For eg: If you had something like
127.0.0.1       localhost       localhost

as first line in /etc/hosts file, you will get his error. To fix we need to
add correct ip to hostname mapping as first line in /etc/hosts file.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Raja.

Raja.