Kafka >> mail # dev >> [VOTE] Apache Kafka Release 0.8.0 - Candidate 1

Re: [VOTE] Apache Kafka Release 0.8.0 - Candidate 3
Thanks David, I am going to have to throw down a -1 on the binary
artifacts, your right we need LICENSE and NOTICE in the binary distro also
the JARs we are putting up into Maven (they are supposed to be in the
MANIFEST and their not).  I created a ticket for the former but haven't yet
for the latter ... haven't figured out how to-do that with SBT yet.

So, before I propose a new VOTE I think fixing the LICENSE and NOTICE for
the binary distro is going to take 13 seconds to fix.  Getting the LICENSE
and NOTICE into the jars that are published is going to take a little
longer.  I will start a discussion on the mailing list.

If anyone else reads our release policy different let me know
http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html

 Joe Stein
 Founder, Principal Consultant
 Big Data Open Source Security LLC