Kafka >> mail # dev >> [VOTE] Apache Kafka Release 0.8.0 - Candidate 2

Re: [VOTE] Apache Kafka Release 0.8.0 - Candidate 5
Not to get too side tracked, but I think lazy consensus is supposed to
mean "silence gives assent"
http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html#LazyConsensus

After the release, we should clean up the language of the bylaws to
match the language here http://www.apache.org/foundation/glossary.html

-David
On 12/3/13 1:41 AM, Jun Rao wrote:
> The release voting is based on lazy majority (
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Bylaws#Bylaws-Voting). So
> a -1 doesn't kill the release. The question is whether those issues are
> really show stoppers.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jun
>

> On Mon, Dec 2, 2013 at 10:19 AM, David Arthur <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Inline:
>>

>> On 12/2/13 11:59 AM, Joe Stein wrote:
>>
>>> General future thought comment first: lets be careful please to raising
>>> issues as show stoppers that have been there previously (especially if
>>> greater than one version previous release back also has the problem) and
>>> can get fixed in a subsequent release and is only now more pressing
>>> because
>>> we know about them... seeing something should not necessarily always
>>> create
>>> priority (sometimes sure, of course but not always that is not the best