Kafka >> mail # dev >> Auto create "chroot" on server start up?

Auto create "chroot" on server start up?
Hey,

I'm trying to feel-out if auto creating the broker's registration path
on server start up would be wanted as a code contribution.

How do the maintainers feel about:

1.
Having configurable server parameter:

    auto.create.chroot = true | false

2.
If (1) is set to true, the chroot would be create automatically in the
case that the it is missing from zookeeper, and the server would start
up normal.

If the maintainers are OK with this idea I'll code it up, it would
solve a use case we have at my work, and I would send in a patch or
follow any contribution process given.
Right now if you specify zookeeper.connect as:

    host1:port1,host2:port2,host3:port3/chroot/path

and /chroot/path does not exist in zookeeper, the server does not operate.
-Marek