Kafka, mail # user - Re: Kafka 0.8 jmxtrans + puppet - 2013-11-06, 15:53

Re: Kafka 0.8 jmxtrans + puppet
We will be using Kafka to transport access logs from frontend cache servers to HDFS.  But!  We aren't doing this in production yet, so I wouldn't quite yet feel comfortable saying we are powered by Kafka.  I hope to get this into production more in a few weeks*, and at that time we'll write a nice little blogpost describing the whole thing.

*a few weeks could really mean anything in busy nonprofit time :)