Kafka, mail # dev - [DISCUSSION] 0.8.0 release

+
Joe Stein 2013-11-13, 19:59
Re: [DISCUSSION] 0.8.0 release
Joel Koshy 2013-11-13, 23:05
Based on
http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#distribute-other-artifacts it
seems we should close KAFKA-1133 before releasing.

<quote>
"For example, the Java artifact format is based on a compressed
directory structure and those projects wishing to distribute jars must
place LICENSE and NOTICE files in the META-INF directory within the
jar"
</quote>

Thanks,

Joel

On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 02:59:01PM -0500, Joe Stein wrote:
> What do folks think about
>
> A source release + binary server only?  I think I can do this today
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-1131 and call a new VOTE like
> tomorrow?
>
> Or wait ~ a week and do a source release + binary server + maven push?
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-1133 I can research it some
> later tonight but no clue off the top of my head how to push more different
> files into META-INF as we need to-do
> http://www.apache.org/dev/release.htmlif someone already knows please
> throw a patch up on it and I will take a
> look and commit it looks good... I probably won't get to it until the
> weekend but feasible for Monday... so we can try a VOTE next Monday and
> wait and have things up to Maven Central for 0.8.0?

>  Joe Stein
>  Founder, Principal Consultant
>  Big Data Open Source Security LLC
>  http://www.stealth.ly