Kafka >> mail # user >> python/avro example producer

Re: python/avro example producer
The fundamental unit of Kafka is a Message. A Message contains a few
bytes of metadata (a magic number, a crc32 checksum, some attributes)
and a payload of bytes. For the most part these details are obscured
from the end-user, so all you have to concern yourself with sending the
actual data (payload). In Java the payload is simply a byte array, in
Python it's just a string.

I'd suggest reading through the Quick Start
(http://kafka.apache.org/quickstart.html), and Design
(http://kafka.apache.org/design.html) if you're really interested in how
things work.

As for sending data with my Python producer, just check out the README
on the project page:
https://github.com/mumrah/kafka-python#send-a-message-to-a-topic

Cheers