Kafka >> mail # dev >> Auto create "chroot" on server start up?

Re: Auto create "chroot" on server start up?
Hello Kostya,

The "chroot" that the zookeeper.connect parameter takes as a suffix is just
an analogy to the UNIX command "chroot", but it has nothing to do with
actually using the command line tool.

For clarity check out the "broker config" section at:

http://kafka.apache.org/documentation.html
Hopefully it will make sense.