Kafka, mail # user - ASyncProducer loss more messages than SyncProducer when broker crashes.

+
王国栋 2013-02-04, 06:01
Re: ASyncProducer loss more messages than SyncProducer when broker crashes.
Jun Rao 2013-02-04, 16:44
Currently, there is no callback to report socket failure in the async
producer. However, async producer should be able to detect socket failure
and reconnect to another broker. Are you using a vip or Zookeeper in the
producer for load balancing?

Thanks,

Jun

On Sun, Feb 3, 2013 at 10:00 PM, Íõ¹ú¶° <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> we are doing some fail over test on Kafka0.7.2. We kill one of the brokers
> on purpose. But we find that the async-producer loss more messages. We do
> catch exceptions for send api. But it seems that the async-producer doesn't
> throw any exceptions when broker is done.
>
> We change the producer to sync-producer, and got the exceptions as soon as
> the broker is down.
>
> So I am wondering if I can get the socket status connected to the broker.
> Does some callbacks can do this?
>
> Thanks.
> --
> Guodong Wang