Kafka, mail # user - kafka-0.7.2 sbt and remote installs help

+
Joseph Crotty 2013-01-14, 18:23
Re: kafka-0.7.2 sbt and remote installs help
Jun Rao 2013-01-14, 23:04
You need to do "./sbt update " and "./sbt package" on your local machine
with internet access. Then, you can copy the whole dir to your remote
machine.

Thanks,

Jun

On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 10:23 AM, Joseph Crotty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Trying to install kafka on remote machines with no internet access. Not
> sure how to approach the sbt update && sbt package pieces. I tried using
> sbt (lib/sbt-launch.jar) on a local machine with internet access as
> follows:
>
> $ sudo su - kafka
> $ cd /usr/local/kafka-0.7.2-incubating-src
> $ cat ./sbt
> java -Xmx1024M -XX:MaxPermSize=512m\
>     -Dsbt.ivy.home=$HOME/.ivy2/ -Divy.home=$HOME/.ivy2/\
>     -jar `dirname $0`/lib/sbt-launch.jar "$@"
> $ ./sbt publish-local
>
> Looking over /home/kafka/.ivy2/ I see everything I think kafka needs except
> for scala itself.
>
> I then copied /home/kafka/.ivy2/ to an internet-less target machine which
> is set up identically to my local box. I then run sbt to no avail - gist is
> here <https://gist.github.com/4532051>. At the bottom of the gist I have
> included the contents of /home/kafka/.ivy2/.
>
> Ideas?
>
> Joe

+
Joseph Crotty 2013-01-15, 16:25