Kafka >> mail # user >> Which version to choose => 0.8 or 0.72

+
Étienne Borel 2013-01-17, 22:07
Re: Which version to choose => 0.8 or 0.72
We think we should be able to share a stable 0.8 beta with the community by
the end of this month. This is also the time we will deploy 0.8 in
production at LinkedIn, to ensure that we catch and resolve any bugs that
get introduced at scale before the official open source release of 0.8
which might not happen until March this year. The plan for the release will
be to update the Hadoop Loader and Camus to support 0.7 by the official
release.

I would suggest using the 0.8 beta release to start prototyping and see if
you can wait until March for the official release.

Thanks,
Neha
On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 1:45 PM, Étienne Borel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Hy  all,
>
> We're starting to play with Kafka for an ambitious project which may be in
> production within the next 6 months.
>
> Kafka 0.8 is very promising and answers quite all our needs, the point is
> that we really want to go with 0.8, but should we consider that a stable
> version is only a question of weeks or months  or the only safe way is to
> go with  Kafka 0.7 ?
>
> Moreover, we noticed that most of the ecosystem projects, such as Hadoop
> Loader or Camus, are currently only built for Kafka 0.7, I've the feeling
> that working with 0.8 right now is quite cutting hedge ...
>
> Could you share your opinion on that ??
>
> Thanks A lot,

+
Eric Tschetter 2013-01-17, 23:09