Kafka >> mail # user >> Can't use ':' in client name?

Can't use ':' in client name?
Hi,

Before I submit an enhancement JIRA, is there are reason I can't use a
colon (:) or parenthesis in a client name for Simple Consumer?

I wanted to do something like  'Web:topic(partition)' so I know this is the
Web process for topic and partition.

Thanks,

Chris

+