Kafka, mail # user - Can't use ':' in client name? - 2013-03-29, 12:54

Can't use ':' in client name?
Hi,

Before I submit an enhancement JIRA, is there are reason I can't use a
colon (:) or parenthesis in a client name for Simple Consumer?

I wanted to do something like  'Web:topic(partition)' so I know this is the
Web process for topic and partition.

Thanks,

Chris