Kafka, mail # user - Multiple consumer connectors in process - lag metrics?

+
Jason Rosenberg 2013-11-15, 03:48
Re: Multiple consumer connectors in process - lag metrics?
Neha Narkhede 2013-11-15, 14:59
I think ConsumerFetcherManager metric will report data for all of the
connectors with the same group.id transparently.

Thanks,
Neha
On Nov 14, 2013 7:48 PM, "Jason Rosenberg" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are experimenting with having multiple consumer connectors running in
> the same process, under the same groupId (but with different topic
> filters).
>
> I'm wondering what the expected effect of this is with metrics, like
> ConsumerFetcherManager.<groupid>-MaxLag
>
> It looks like in AbstractFetcherManager, that it creates a yammer Gauge for
> this, probably repeatedly for each connector created?
>
> I'm not sure this metric will do the right thing?  Will it just show the
> first (or the last one) registered?
>
> Jason

+
Jason Rosenberg 2013-11-15, 17:53