Kafka, mail # user - Re: Amazon SNS and Kafka comparison - 2013-06-14, 15:09

Re: Amazon SNS and Kafka comparison
Depends how important being able to access every single bit of the messages are, right down to looking at what is on the disk. It's very important to us, we need that control. Ability to scale throughout as needed is also important - too important to do anything but run it ourselves.  All these reasons meant we use Kafka.

As for operational overhead we have found Kafka 0.72 to be very stable and easy to manage. If *only* other components were as easy. :-)

Philip