Kafka >> mail # user >> What happens if one broker goes down

+
Chitra Raveendran 2013-05-17, 05:21
Re: What happens if one broker goes down
You can read the high level design of kafka replication here
http://www.slideshare.net/junrao/kafka-replication-apachecon2013

Generally if your replication factor is more than 1 you shouldn't see data
loss in your test. When a broker fails, the producer will get an exception
and it will retry.

Thanks,
Neha
On May 16, 2013 10:21 PM, "Chitra Raveendran" <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I was just doing some benchmarking with a 3node cluster. If one broker goes
> down , what happens? Does the producer go down ? that's what happened in my
> case.
> Is the data lost? Or does it get distributed amongst the other brokers?
>
> --
> Chitra Raveendran
> Data Scientist
> *Flutura |  Decision Sciences & Analytics*
> mail  : [EMAIL PROTECTED]

+
Chitra Raveendran 2013-05-20, 06:32
+