Kafka >> mail # user >> What happens if one broker goes down

Re: What happens if one broker goes down
You can read the high level design of kafka replication here
http://www.slideshare.net/junrao/kafka-replication-apachecon2013

Generally if your replication factor is more than 1 you shouldn't see data
loss in your test. When a broker fails, the producer will get an exception
and it will retry.

Thanks,
Neha