Kafka >> mail # user >> Re: site updates

Re: site updates
Ack, nice catch--that migration tool thing was due to bad html, I
forgot to close the link.

For the configuration I actually think that is not right. We need to
thoroughly document our configuration. Having the code/scaladoc be the
documentation is fine for kafka developers but not where we want to
be.

In the future I would love us to move to a method of defining configs
that was something like:
  configs.define(name = "port",
                        type="int",
                        max=Int.MaxValue,
                        min=0,
                        required=true,
                        documentation="The port used by the kafka
broker to handle requests.")
If we did it this way we could actually have a dumpConfigs method that
would print out the up-to-date table of configs so we could more
easily keep the docs in sync.

For the time being, though, we should just keep the docs updated.

-Jay