Kafka, mail # user - Re: partition and consumer stream number - 2012-12-19, 15:50

Re: partition and consumer stream number
Did you get my previous answer? I am including it below.

Currently, partition is the smallest unit that we distribute data among
consumers (in the same consumer group). So, if the # of consumers is larger
than the total number of partitions in a Kafka cluster (across all
brokers), some consumers will never get any data.

Thanks,

Jun