Home | About | Sematext search-lucene.com search-hadoop.com
 Search Hadoop and all its subprojects:

Switch to Plain View
Kafka, mail # user - Re: repeated for request offset out of range


+
Neha Narkhede 2013-08-22, 21:09
+
Neha Narkhede 2013-08-22, 19:33
Copy link to this message
-
Re: repeated for request offset out of range
Jun Rao 2013-08-23, 04:13
Are you using the ZK-based consumer or SimpleConsumer? Only the former
automatically resets offsets on OffsetOutOfRangeException.

Thanks,

Jun
On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 10:23 AM, Wu, Jiang2 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In our log we see there are repeated errors due to the same request whose
> offset is out of range. As I understand when out of range happens, the
> consumer should reset its offset, therefore such error should happen only
> once. Does the log indicate a bug?
>
> Thanks,
> Jiang
>
>
> [2013-08-22 09:23:20,649] ERROR [KafkaApi-2] Error when processing fetch
> request for partition [xxxxxx,0] offset 2717035 from consumer with
> correlation id 324387 (kafka.server.KafkaApis)
> kafka.common.OffsetOutOfRangeException: Request for offset 2717035 but we
> only have log segments in the range 2720184 to 2724642.
>         at kafka.log.Log.read(Log.scala:417)
>         at
> kafka.server.KafkaApis.kafka$server$KafkaApis$$readMessageSet(KafkaApis.scala:367)
>         at
> kafka.server.KafkaApis$$anonfun$kafka$server$KafkaApis$$readMessageSets$1.apply(KafkaApis.scala:314)
>         at
> kafka.server.KafkaApis$$anonfun$kafka$server$KafkaApis$$readMessageSets$1.apply(KafkaApis.scala:310)
>         at
> scala.collection.TraversableLike$$anonfun$map$1.apply(TraversableLike.scala:206)
>         at
> scala.collection.TraversableLike$$anonfun$map$1.apply(TraversableLike.scala:206)
>         at scala.collection.immutable.Map$Map1.foreach(Map.scala:105)
>         at
> scala.collection.TraversableLike$class.map(TraversableLike.scala:206)
>         at scala.collection.immutable.Map$Map1.map(Map.scala:93)
>         at
> kafka.server.KafkaApis.kafka$server$KafkaApis$$readMessageSets(KafkaApis.scala:310)
>         at kafka.server.KafkaApis.handleFetchRequest(KafkaApis.scala:276)
>         at kafka.server.KafkaApis.handle(KafkaApis.scala:65)
>         at
> kafka.server.KafkaRequestHandler.run(KafkaRequestHandler.scala:42)
>         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)
> [2013-08-22 09:23:20,749] ERROR [KafkaApi-2] Error when processing fetch
> request for partition [xxxxxx,0] offset 2717035 from consumer with
> correlation id 324387 (kafka.server.KafkaApis)
> kafka.common.OffsetOutOfRangeException: Request for offset 2717035 but we
> only have log segments in the range 2720184 to 2724642.
>         at kafka.log.Log.read(Log.scala:417)
>         at
> kafka.server.KafkaApis.kafka$server$KafkaApis$$readMessageSet(KafkaApis.scala:367)
>         at
> kafka.server.KafkaApis$$anonfun$kafka$server$KafkaApis$$readMessageSets$1.apply(KafkaApis.scala:314)
>         at
> kafka.server.KafkaApis$$anonfun$kafka$server$KafkaApis$$readMessageSets$1.apply(KafkaApis.scala:310)
>         at
> scala.collection.TraversableLike$$anonfun$map$1.apply(TraversableLike.scala:206)
>         at
> scala.collection.TraversableLike$$anonfun$map$1.apply(TraversableLike.scala:206)
>         at scala.collection.immutable.Map$Map1.foreach(Map.scala:105)
>         at
> scala.collection.TraversableLike$class.map(TraversableLike.scala:206)
>         at scala.collection.immutable.Map$Map1.map(Map.scala:93)
>         at
> kafka.server.KafkaApis.kafka$server$KafkaApis$$readMessageSets(KafkaApis.scala:310)
>         at
> kafka.server.KafkaApis$FetchRequestPurgatory.expire(KafkaApis.scala:556)
>         at
> kafka.server.KafkaApis$FetchRequestPurgatory.expire(KafkaApis.scala:538)
>         at
> kafka.server.RequestPurgatory$ExpiredRequestReaper.run(RequestPurgatory.scala:216)
>         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)
> [2013-08-22 09:23:20,750] ERROR [KafkaApi-2] Error when processing fetch
> request for partition [xxxxxx,0] offset 2717035 from consumer with
> correlation id 324388 (kafka.server.KafkaApis)
> kafka.common.OffsetOutOfRangeException: Request for offset 2717035 but we
> only have log segments in the range 2720184 to 2724642.
>         at kafka.log.Log.read(Log.scala:417)
>         at
> kafka.server.KafkaApis.kafka$server$KafkaApis$$readMessageSet(KafkaApis.scala:367)

 
+
Neha Narkhede 2013-08-23, 13:26