Kafka >> mail # user >> Kafka wiki Documentation conventions - looking for feedback

+
Chris Curtin 2013-03-25, 12:03
+
Chris Curtin 2013-03-29, 15:28
+
Jun Rao 2013-04-22, 16:27
+
Chris Curtin 2013-04-22, 17:41
+
Jun Rao 2013-04-22, 22:12
+
Jun Rao 2013-04-29, 04:51
+
Chris Curtin 2013-04-29, 12:55
Re: Kafka wiki Documentation conventions - looking for feedback
Chris,

Thanks for the writeup. Looks great overall. A couple of comments.

1. At the beginning, it sounds like that one can't run multiple processes
of consumers in the same group. This is actually not true. We can create
multiple instances of consumers for the same group in the same JVM or
different JVMs. The consumers will auto-balance among themselves.

2. We have changed the name of some config properties.
auto.commit.interval.ms is correct. However, zk.connect,
zk.session.timeout.ms and zk.sync.time.ms are changed to zookeeper.connect,
zookeeper.session.timeout.ms, and zookeeper.sync.time.ms, respectively.

I will add a link to your wiki in our website.

Thanks again.

Jun
On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 5:54 AM, Chris Curtin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Hi Jun,
>
> I finished and published it this morning:
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Consumer+Group+Example
>
> One question: when documenting the ConsumerConfig parameters I couldn't
> find a description for the 'auto.commit.interval.ms' setting. I found one
> for 'autocommit.interval.ms' (no '.' between auto and commit) in the
> Google
> Cache only. Which spelling is it? Also is my description of it correct?
>
> I'll take a look at custom encoders later this week. Today and Tuesday are
> going to be pretty busy.
>
> Please let me know if there are changes needed to the High Level Consumer
> page.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chris
>

> On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 12:50 AM, Jun Rao <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Chris,
> >
> > Any update of the high level consumer example?
> >
> > Also, in the Producer example, it would be useful to describe how to
> write
> > a customized encoder. One subtle thing is that the encoder needs a
> > constructor that takes a a single VerifiableProperties argument (
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-869).
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Jun

+