Kafka, mail # user - Re: Kafka wiki Documentation conventions - looking for feedback - 2013-04-29, 15:03

Re: Kafka wiki Documentation conventions - looking for feedback

Thanks for the writeup. Looks great overall. A couple of comments.

1. At the beginning, it sounds like that one can't run multiple processes
of consumers in the same group. This is actually not true. We can create
multiple instances of consumers for the same group in the same JVM or
different JVMs. The consumers will auto-balance among themselves.

2. We have changed the name of some config properties.
auto.commit.interval.ms is correct. However, zk.connect,
zk.session.timeout.ms and zk.sync.time.ms are changed to zookeeper.connect,
zookeeper.session.timeout.ms, and zookeeper.sync.time.ms, respectively.

I will add a link to your wiki in our website.

Thanks again.