Kafka >> mail # dev >> preparing for the 0.8 final release

+
Jun Rao 2013-09-13, 16:19
+
Haithem Jarraya 2013-09-19, 11:16
+
Neha Narkhede 2013-09-19, 16:04
+
Jun Rao 2013-10-08, 00:34
+
Joe Stein 2013-10-08, 06:49
+
Jun Rao 2013-10-09, 15:57
Re: preparing for the 0.8 final release
I uploaded a patch against trunk which also fixes KAFKA-1036, the other
knows windows issue. Review appreciated. Should be an easy one.

-Jay
On Wed, Oct 9, 2013 at 8:56 AM, Jun Rao <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> KAFKA-1008 has been checked into the 0.8 branch and needs to be manually
> double-committed to trunk. To avoid merging problems, I suggest that for
> all future changes in the 0.8 branch, we double commit them to trunk. Any
> objections?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jun
>

> On Mon, Oct 7, 2013 at 5:33 PM, Jun Rao <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Hi, Everyone,
> >
> > I made another pass of the remaining jiras that we plan to fix in the 0.8
> > final release.
> >

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-954?jql=project%20%3D%20KAFKA%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%20%220.8%22%20AND%20status%20in%20(Open%2C%20%22In%20Progress%22%2C%20Reopened%2C%20%22Patch%20Available%22)
> >
> > Do people agree with this list?
> >
> > Joe,
> >
> > I don't have good understanding of KAFKA-1018. Do you think this needs to
> > be fixed in 0.8 final?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Jun
> >

> > On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 9:18 AM, Jun Rao <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi, Everyone,
> >>
> >> We have been stabilizing the 0.8 branch since the beta1 release. I think
> >> we are getting close to an 0.8 final release. I made an initial list of
> the
> >> remaining jiras that should be fixed in 0.8.
> >>

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20KAFKA%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%20%220.8%22%20AND%20status%20in%20(Open%2C%20%22In%20Progress%22%2C%20Reopened%2C%20%22Patch%20Available%22)
> >>
> >> 1. Do people agree with the list?
> >>
> >> 2. If the list is good, could people help contributing/reviewing the
> >> remaining jiras?
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >>
> >> Jun

+