Kafka >> mail # user >> Consume from X messages ago

Consume from X messages ago
Hi,

I'm using Kafka 0.8.  I would like to setup a consumer to fetch the last
10,000 messages and then start consuming messages.

I see the configuration autooffset.reset, but that isn't quite what I
want.  I want only the last 10,000 messages.

Is there a good way to achieve this in 0.8, besides just hacking the data
in ZK?

Thanks,
Jim

--