Kafka, mail # user - Consume from X messages ago - 2013-03-19, 15:05

Consume from X messages ago
Hi,

I'm using Kafka 0.8.  I would like to setup a consumer to fetch the last
10,000 messages and then start consuming messages.

I see the configuration autooffset.reset, but that isn't quite what I
want.  I want only the last 10,000 messages.

Is there a good way to achieve this in 0.8, besides just hacking the data
in ZK?

Thanks,
Jim

Jim Englert
Gilt Groupe
2 Park Ave South, 5th Floor
New York, NY 10011
M: 847-707-2942
Please accept my invitation to join Gilt:
http://www.giltgroupe.com/invite/jenglert