Kafka, mail # user - Re: how to force a consumer to start at the beginning - 2013-07-25, 17:45

Re: how to force a consumer to start at the beginning
Thanks, Jim.   I saw that in the 0.8 config as well.

I am trying to write a REST service that dumps all traffic in a given topic/partition.  The issue I seem to be facing now is the blocking API of the consumerIterator.  Is there any way we can ask whether the traffic is drained?  Perhaps a way to correlate topic/partition/thread/latestOffsetPerGroupId, maybe in the PartitionTopicInfo?  I see consumed and fetched offsets, but not a written offset.

How about a non-blocking API for the iterator: has that been discussed or spiked?