Kafka, mail # user - Re: heterogenous kafka cluster?

+
Francis Dallaire 2013-05-17, 23:28
+
Jason Rosenberg 2013-05-17, 21:30
Re: heterogenous kafka cluster?
Neha Narkhede 2013-05-17, 21:35
That does seem a little hacky. But I'm trying to understand the requirement
behind having to deploy heterogeneous hardware. What are you trying to
achieve or optimize?

Thanks,
Neha
On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 2:29 PM, Jason Rosenberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm wondering if there's a good way to have a heterogenous kafka cluster
> (specifically, if we have nodes with different sized disks).  So, we might
> want a larger node to receive more messages than a smaller node, etc.
>
> I expect there's something we can do with using a partitioner that has
> specific knowledge about the hosts in the cluster, but this feels messy, to
> have this config on every producer client....
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Jason

+
Jason Rosenberg 2013-05-17, 21:48