Kafka >> mail # user >> changing broker hosts with 0.7.2

+
Jason Rosenberg 2013-03-19, 21:04
+
Neha Narkhede 2013-03-20, 02:07
+
Jason Rosenberg 2013-03-20, 06:26
+
Neha Narkhede 2013-03-20, 13:42
+
Jason Rosenberg 2013-03-20, 15:56
+
Neha Narkhede 2013-03-20, 16:02
+
Philip OToole 2013-03-20, 16:07
+
Jason Rosenberg 2013-03-20, 17:55
+
Philip OToole 2013-03-20, 18:10
+
Jason Rosenberg 2013-03-20, 18:21
+
Philip OToole 2013-03-20, 19:00
Re: changing broker hosts with 0.7.2
On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 12:00 PM, Philip O'Toole <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > For
> > producers, also, you can't really use a load-balancer to connect to
> brokers
> > (you can use zk, or you can use a broker list, in 0.7.2, and in 0.8, you
> > can use an LB for the initial meta data connection, but then you still
> have
> > to have direct connections to each broker from each producer).
>
> Huh? Sure you can, if the Producers are simple. Producers just need a
> destination IP address and port. They have no way of knowing if that
> IP is an LB or real Kafka broker. Set the partition to -1 (i.e.
> random) in all messages destined for Kafka, and it all just works.
> Granted, this is a simple type of 0.72 deployment. Perhaps it doesn't
> work for more complex Producers or 0.8 deployments -- I am not yet
> that familiar with 0.8.
Interesting, so in this case, do you just provide the vip in the
"broker.list" property for the producer?  That might just work for my needs.

Jason

+
Philip OToole 2013-03-20, 19:16
+