Kafka, mail # user - Monitoring questions. - 2013-10-22, 22:24
Monitoring questions.
Good afternoon. I have a few questions about kafka monitoring.

1. In the kafka monitoring section (
http://kafka.apache.org/documentation.html#monitoring)
<http://kafka.apache.org/documentation.html#monitoring>"kafka.server":name="UnderReplicatedPartitions",
type="ReplicaManager" sets normal value to be as 0. I check jmx and my
value is set to 1. I am pretty sure I set replication factor to be as 1.
       /usr/local/kafka/bin/kafka-list-topic.sh --zookeeper
zoo01.tagged.com:2181/kafka
topic: meetme   partition: 0    leader: 1       replicas: 2,1,3 isr: 1,3

       Would you please advise?

2. How programmatically know that partition has come up online and caught
up on replication after kafka service has been started.

Thanks,
Vadim