Kafka >> mail # user >> Advice about running 0.8 tests

Re: Advice about running 0.8 tests
Thanks!

Ultimately I could successfully run all tests in sbt that day, successfully
as expected.
It takes ~170 seconds - if you manage to make it significantly quicker any
tips are welcome.

It seems however that on my box, *separately *running the zookeeper
oriented test AdminTest in sbt (via sbt: *test-only
kafka.admin.AdminTest)* always
fails.

I'm running that test alone when no other tests are concurrently in
progress, the box is doing nothing else, no zookeepers or kafkas, no other
JVM is running in the background. It's actually a freshly installed server
with nothing but bare essentials and the typesafe stack. (Ubuntu 2.10
server, 4 CPU's and 2GB RAM, using the 0.8 kafka branch taken 18 hours ago
which I'm sure is fine).

Not sure why this test succeeds when running along with all other tests
(via sbt test) and failing very consistently when running alone. Has anyone
encountered the same or similar problems?

Thanks!
Matan