Kafka >> mail # dev >> Does Kafka "message manager" tool (read messages from console, delete messages) exist?

Re: Does Kafka "message manager" tool (read messages from console, delete messages) exist?
Hi Jun Rao and thanks for your answer.
Re 1: Will try to do it way you have described. As I understood
"getOffsetBefore"
returns offset for set of compressed messages. In my case it will mean that
my "from=timestamp_1" and "to=timestamp_2"  will work roughly (I will have
to double check timestamp for each message inside tool and decide fit this
message my criteria or not), right? Is there any chance to get API with
"honest" offset for particular time?

Re 2: Can I use https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-554 for
configuring "topic.log.roll.hours" on the fly? Should I restart Kafka after
changes in config by
KAFKA-554<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-554>?
How about "to=timestamp_2". With "topic.log.roll.hours" I can define only
one border for time range. What about second (right border on timeline)?

Thanks, Vladimir.