Kafka >> mail # user >> Re: Exception in Kafka Broker when consumer shuts down/crashes.

Re: Exception in Kafka Broker when consumer shuts down/crashes.
Hi,

Few questions regarding your test/setup -
1. Which version of Kafka are you using ?
2. Are you using the high level consumer or SimpleConsumer ?
3. Can you describe your setup a little more ? Are you continuously sending
messages to that broker, then shutdown consumer and stop receiving data ?

You shouldn't have to restart the broker when you kill the consumer, so
maybe something else is wrong here.

Thanks,
Neha
On Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 11:58 AM, Subhash Agrawal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I noticed that when I kill consumer, I see exception in kafka broker and I
> need to restart kafka broker server to get messages again.
> Do I need to tune anything to avoid this error or to avoid restarting
> kafka broker?
>
> Thanks
> Subhash Agrawal
>
> Here is the exception:
>
> [2013-01-05 11:12:59,361] INFO Closing socket connection to /127.0.0.1.
> (kafka.n
> etwork.Processor)
> [2013-01-04 11:45:00,456] ERROR Closing socket for /127.0.0.1 because of
> error (
> kafka.network.Processor)
> java.io.IOException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the
> remote ho
> st
>         at sun.nio.ch.SocketDispatcher.read0(Native Method)
>         at sun.nio.ch.SocketDispatcher.read(SocketDispatcher.java:25)
>         at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.readIntoNativeBuffer(IOUtil.java:198)
>         at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.read(IOUtil.java:171)
>         at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.read(SocketChannelImpl.java:245)
>         at kafka.utils.Utils$.read(Utils.scala:538)
>         at
> kafka.network.BoundedByteBufferReceive.readFrom(BoundedByteBufferRece
> ive.scala:54)
>         at kafka.network.Processor.read(SocketServer.scala:311)
>         at kafka.network.Processor.run(SocketServer.scala:214)

Neha Narkhede 2013-01-04, 21:29