Kafka >> mail # dev >> Anyone working on a Kafka book?

Re: Anyone working on a Kafka book?
Fantastic!

Who is the target audience for the book, 0.7.2 users migrating to 0.8 or
potential users of 0.8? Let me suggest a 2nd topic catering to the latter
audience: getting from a dev environment (as described in the quickstart
doc) to a production environment, with Zk/brokers/etc. deployed on
different nodes, including replication and failover. In my experience with
pitching Kafka inside 2 different companies engineers & decision makers
with no first hand experience with Kafka will have a hard time buying in
in absence of seeing the path all the way to production. In addition,
replication and management of failures would also cater to 0.7.2 users,
for whom these are new as well. Just a thought :)

-Dragos