Kafka, mail # user - Re: kafka producer - retry messages - 2013-11-29, 00:09

Re: kafka producer - retry messages
By FS I guess you mean file system.

In that case, if one is that concerned, why not run a single Kafka broker on the same machine, and connect to it over localhost? And disable ZK mode too, perhaps.

I may be missing something, but I never fully understand why people try really hard to build a stream-to-disk backup approach, when they might be able to couple tightly to Kafka, which, well, just streams to disk.