Kafka >> mail # user >> can the replication factor for a topic be changed after it's created?

+
Jason Rosenberg 2013-05-09, 05:28
Re: can the replication factor for a topic be changed after it's created?
If you add more brokers to an existing cluster, you can use the partition
reassignment admin tool to move a replica of selected partitions over to
the new broker.

Thanks,
Neha
On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 10:27 PM, Jason Rosenberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> It looks like by default, the first time a new message arrives for a given
> topic, it will receive the default replication factor in place on the
> broker at the time it is first received.
>
> Is it possible to change this later (e.g. say if we add more hardware to
> the cluster at a later date, etc.)?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jason

+