Kafka >> mail # user >> Differences in size of data replicated by mirror maker

Re: Differences in size of data replicated by mirror maker
Ah, one thing to be aware of is that the effectiveness of compression is
directly related to the producer batch size--more batching, more
compression. So even if you use compression on both clusters the mirror may
be much smaller.

-jay