Kafka >> mail # user >> Re: Anyone working on a Kafka book?

+
Jun Rao 2013-03-19, 16:20
+
S Ahmed 2013-03-19, 20:18
+
Chris Curtin 2013-03-19, 20:31
+
Neha Narkhede 2013-03-19, 21:29
+
Chris Curtin 2013-03-20, 19:39
+
Jun Rao 2013-03-21, 04:18
+
Chris Curtin 2013-03-25, 12:00
Re: Anyone working on a Kafka book?
Chris,

This looks good. One thing about partitioning. Currently, if a message
doesn't have a key, we always use the random partitioner (regardless of
what "partitioner.class" is set to).

Thanks,

Jun

On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 11:42 AM, Chris Curtin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> I published my first Wiki example:
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/0.8.0+Producer+Example
>
> Can you guys take a look and see if the tone, format and of course content
> fit into what you'd like to see?
>
> Also, is there a naming convention we should be following?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chris
>

> On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 1:38 PM, Neha Narkhede <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >wrote:
>
> > Yes, that works as well.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Neha
> >

> > On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 10:33 AM, Chris Curtin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > >wrote:
> >
> > > Or can I do it in the Wiki until you release 0.8.0 so people can
> comment
> > on
> > > them? I think I can edit the Wiki with my Apache login.

> > > You

+
Chris Curtin 2013-03-25, 16:43
+