Kafka >> mail # user >> How to deal with error code in FetchResponse

+
xingcan 2013-10-22, 06:27
Re: How to deal with error code in FetchResponse
We need to return an error code per partition since your fetch request
could've succeeded for some but not all partitions. For example, if one
broker fails, some partitions might temporarily return a LeaderNotAvailable
error code. So you have to go through the individual error codes to know
which partitions you need to retry the operation for.

Thanks,
Neha
On Oct 21, 2013 11:27 PM, "xingcan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> After migrating from 0.72 to 0.8, I still use SimpleConsumer to construct
> my own consumer. By FetchRequestBuilder, I add all partitions belonging to
> the same broker to a single request and get a FetchResponse for all these
> partitions. However, I find  the error code in FetchResponse is a little
> hard to retrieve for I must iterate all these partitions to check. Is there
> any tips or suggestions to deal with this or maybe the API provided by
> FetchResponse could be little changed?
>
> --
> *Xingcan*

+