Kafka >> mail # user >> Kafka cluster with lots of topics

Re: Kafka cluster with lots of topics
Zookeeper will not be the only problem. The first is that each topic is a
directory on the file system. Each of those is going to have files inside
it. This is going to be fairly overwhelming for the file system. Also I can
not speak for the internals but there may be cases where this many topics
allocates a big array or some other non-optimal behaviour.

Like a RDBMS with this many tables one might ask, why? Isn't there a way to
design the system multi-tennent where so many physical topics are not
needed?