Kafka, mail # user - Re: Kafka Metrics in 0.8 - 2013-07-29, 13:05

Re: Kafka Metrics in 0.8
Hi All,

As kafka-0.8's main feature in data replication.

We are running two kafka nodes(lets say: kafka-1 and kafka-2) in cluster
mode. If we produce data into kafka using replication factor=2 then its
replica is created on second machine.

I am using jconsole to monitor kafka. if messages are going on kafka-1 then
i am able to see kafka metrics on jconsole of kafka-1. But by connecting to
jconsole for kafka-2 i am not seeing any metrics, i want to know why it is
happening ??

For more clarity i am asking same question in other way:
If one kafka node is storing replicas of data, then will it be visible on
jconsole or not ?
On Wed, Jul 3, 2013 at 1:06 PM, Hanish Bansal <