Kafka >> mail # user >> Re: Atlanta AJUG presentation on Kafka March 19th

Re: Atlanta AJUG presentation on Kafka March 19th
I think the important thing to understand is that there are two
meanings for the word replication.

1. Mirroring is copying data from one cluster and writing it to
another. We use this to make sure that all client interaction is
always with a local cluster.
2. Intra-cluster replication is the feature in 0.8 and means we keep
an exact byte-for-byte replica of each partition within the cluster
with transparent failover whenever a machine dies.

Hope that clarifies things.

-Jay