Kafka >> mail # user >> Re: Changing the number of partitions after a topic is created

+
Rajasekar Elango 2013-08-28, 15:47
Re: Changing the number of partitions after a topic is created
Hi Rajasekar,

I'm not sure I fully understood your question. Are you asking about a tool
that can increase the number of partitions for a topic?

Thanks,
Neha
On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 8:47 AM, Rajasekar Elango <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Hi Jun,
>
> It's been some time since you last post, is this patch available now. Also
> we are doing following manual steps to update existing topic to use new
> partitions.
>
> 1) stop all zookeepers
> 2) stop all kafka brokers
> 3) clean data dir or zookeepers and kafka
> 4) start zookeepers and kafka.
>
> This involves both downtime and loosing data. Is there a better way to
> update existing topics to use new partitions until patch is available..?
>
> --
> Thanks,
> Raja.

+