From: Yang [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, September 03, 2013 10:09 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: default producer to retro-fit existing log files collection process?

in many setups we have production web server logs rotated on local disks,
and then collected using some sort of scp processes.

I guess the ideal way to use kafka is to write a module for tomcat and
catches the request , send through the kafka api. but is there a "quick and
dirty" producer included from kafka  to just read the existing rotated logs
and send through kafka API? this would avoid having to touch the existing
java code

thanks
Yang