Kafka, mail # user - RE: Leader not local for partition error? - 2013-07-30, 16:19

RE: Leader not local for partition error?
Nope, that's on a pretty standard GNU/Linux Debian system (jessie/sid) running a 3.9.8-1 kernel. But you were onto something. Removing the trailing slash is my log.dir config value made it work.

I'm not sure why this would have an impact since the log directories seem to be correctly parsed as File objects in LogManager.scala:

  val logDirs: Array[File] = config.logDirs.map(new File(_)).toArray

And in both cases the server logs reports that the log for 'test-0' was correctly loaded, which means that log directory is also correctly inserted into the logs Pool[TopicAndPartition, Log].

That's about as far as my Scala knowledge goes though ;-) Let me know if you're able to reproduce the problem when you have a trailing slash as well.

Thanks,
/Maxime
Maxime Petazzoni
Sr. Platform Engineer