Kafka, mail # dev - Re: [VOTE] Apache Kafka Release 0.8.0 - Candidate 5 - 2013-12-02, 17:12

Re: [VOTE] Apache Kafka Release 0.8.0 - Candidate 5
Talking about binary release, do we really need to include bin/run-rat.sh?
As far as I understand it is only used to bring licenses to the scene and
quite redundant for already baked release.

Next, I not quite sure, but probably it makes sense to drop
libs/scala-compiler.jar -- kafka do not perform compilations during runtime
and this step will trim some fat from the resulting release (from 17 mb
down to 9.5 mb*).

I managed to satisfy maven with only two exclusions, but yes, it would be
good to see them in original pom.

* by the way using the best possible compression method  (-9 instead of
default -6) + drop of compiler lib gave me the very same result -- 9.5 Mb