Kafka >> mail # user >> sources jar for 0.8.1?

sources jar for 0.8.1?
Hey guys, I am wondering why there is no sources jar in maven for kafka 0.8.1? I am trying to migrate our project now and not having the sources easily available in my IDE is a real hindrance. I did some googling and found this: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-1248 Not sure why it was deemed unnecessary as I cannot imagine developing without the sources/javadocs.

That having been said, is there a gradle task available to build the sources jar? I poked around and found nothing. Seems like I'm going to have to do it by hand?

Thanks in advance,